Naturally-Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) Testing
NORM is found in following Industries:
- Mining and processing of uranium ore
- Extraction of rare earth elements;
- Production and use of thorium and its compounds;
- Production of niobium and ferro‑niobium;
- Mining of ores other than uranium ore;
- Production of oil and gas;
- The zircon and zirconia industries;
- Manufacture of titanium dioxide pigment;
- The phosphate industry;
- Production of tin, copper, aluminium, zinc, lead, iron and steel;
- Combustion of coal;
- Water treatment.
Building Industry should check material used like fly ash , cement, gypsum, ceramic tiles etc.
Fertlizer Industry : Analysis of RockPhosphate and Phosphogypsum for U-238 and Ra- 226 at Import and after use at the time of disposal.
Sample analysis ( Gamma Ray Spectrometry) in lab using HPGe spectrometer.
- Regulatory compliance